Saturday, July 17, 2010

The BBJ

Well, I'm here at work - another day. My buddy Curtis and I came in to the theatre extra early today and recorded some stuff for a demo/audition reel. I think it is gonna turn out really well! I love the theatre and I love being in it, and I love when you get to do stuff that you want to do on the stage. It's been a while since I thought of it this way or really considered what the theatre means to me, but it's life. Its black walls and floor - its blankness - is a void where sparks a creation new and the same every night. You can do just about anything in that space and it's always an experience to be on it...or watching! It makes me think of Plato...but I won't go into that. :) And this may sound cheesy or weird or something, but it makes me feel grateful to the Creator who allowed us to have imaginations and create things of our own.

I must say, it makes my heart heavy when I think of work as work. As a burden. It has been a while since I've focused on what the theatre really is. What makes it hard are the people around me. Now, I enjoy the servers at our theatre. They have always been friendly to me and everyone I work with (at least to our faces) and they are quite a diverse crowd as well. I can say that I would call all of them a friend - or a nice acquaintance if they have never talked to me really. Well, a newer server today just ran his mouth at me and tried to tell me how to do my job and what I could say and do. He was trying to sound like he knew what he was talking about and make me feel dumb - when in actuality he just looked like a dumb -a**. Oh well. I'll let it go. Just got 5 min - I'm gonna go and enjoy my time on the stage! I think I love performing :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea for freedom on the stage. How wonderful is it to be able to express your self in an art form where you become another person or are allowed to step outside of yourself and get a new perspective?!

    ReplyDelete