Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Blog!

Well, I decided to join the scores of other people and start a blog. I don't have anything specific in mind to make it about, but I thought it would be neat to just write about my life and see what happens. I think it will probably be a bit of everything - work, travels, friends and family, and well, whatever comes up! I don't know who will read this, but at least whoever does can keep up with the comings and goings of my life. I'm not the best at calling or e-mailing people and this might help alleviate some of the strain that distance puts on all of my relations.

You might wonder about the title of the blog, too. I think, I love. It's the title of a Jamie Cullum song. The song is about all of the things he thinks he loves about a certain someone. I do really like the song, but I guess the meaning I was going for was that I'll be writing my thoughts, and about the things that I love - the things in life that make me tick, bring passion and joy, or just tickle my fancy. This may be getting too detailed or reading too much into it, but I changed the punctuation as well. You can choose to separate the thoughts or put them together and feel free to read as much into what they mean yourself. I'm sure I will at some point or another.

As far as my life goes, I am currently performing in Pigeon Forge, TN. Lots of wonderful things have come from my time here, but there is a burning desire in the deep of my heart to leave and do other things. I want to be able to blow with the breeze - do a job for several months and go somewhere else. I think that's why I'm so keen on trying to get on a cruise ship again. You can travel as you perform! See the world. And while your house goes with you wherever you go, it moves all over the place. It's never stationary for too long.

I think this summer has been one of the most unbearable heats I've endured...right up with my time in Sullivan, Illinois - where it was over 100 for several days in a row and I had no a/c!

And I miss my friends. My close ones from college and home and while a good chunk of them are merely a 3-4 hr. car drive away there are others that are much farther. More like a 3 hr. plane ride. My current job makes it very hard to do anything but it and while I am so thankful for the work, I also wish I had the time to take a vacation or even just a weekend away to be with my family or friends. That's what summer is about. A break. Things slow down for a time and it's easier to enjoy nature and the life around you. Unfortunately, in the entertainment world, that means our lives get busier. It's the sort of odd trade-off you get with this. While everyone else works in the day, you are free, but you work in the evenings. And when life picks up for everyone else with school (which I realize more and more how our world works around the school year...so weird) my life slows down just a bit. I kinda like that. The pros outweigh the cons :)

I suppose that's all for now. I had some really thoughtful thoughts on my heart the other day and I just can't seem to remember them. If they come back, I will write about them because I liked them and want to share!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment