Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It Begins...(take 2)

So, probably a week and a half ago (maybe even 2 weeks ago) I started a blog post called "It begins." I didn't get very far with it and before I could get back to it and finish my thoughts, I totally decided to be sick and spend 3.5 days in a hospital. So, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was supposed to be about other than the fact that as I'm settling in (which I feel fairly settled - even though my room is still [and probably will be for a while] not quite my own space) things are really starting to feel familiar and I have a decent basic life routine in place now that I can work and function around. Also, now that I am in the show and starting to perform for crowds, people (mostly giggly girls I might add) are coming out of the woodwork on facebook and "friending" me. I don't know how to take it - I don't think I've experienced it nearly as much as some people have and I am sure I will experience it more once things start picking up at the park with the warmer weather that is sure to be on the horizon - but it is definitely weird to have "fans" and people to act the way that they do when they see you perform.

By the way, Dad, when we introduce ourselves to the audience during the show, I tell them that I'm David (Day-bi-do). We were told we could come up with names to use, and I was trying to think of a good American name that I liked. My choices were Luke and David and the director liked David. My daily tribute to you ;)

But, I guess that's really all I remembered from that post as far as "it" beginning. I suppose I just wanted to say that I really feel like things are falling into place and I'm getting into a groove that I can work with. I feel completely adjusted to the time (especially after my regimented sleeping and meal time in the hospital) and I've started developing my group of friends. I think I've found some good ones!

The cool thing about working here - and in a park so big with so many people - is that the friends thing is going to fluctuate to some degree all year long. There are so many people here and so many experiences to be had, you can't possibly get to know everyone on the same level, but there is plenty of time to develop those friendships. I've never been the kind who just makes a handful of friends and sticks to them and doesn't give others a chance, but then I've also not been the type who really abandons those close friends once I get them, either. I'm just looking forward to the year ahead and the opportunity to enjoy it with/get to know many wonderful people.

On to the next blog - random things!

No comments:

Post a Comment