Thursday, March 17, 2011

Unexpected trip Part 3

Part 3

It's Thursday morning - the day I'm maybe, hopefully going to be discharged from the hospital. Things on my prayer list - #1 I hope my platelets are normal. #2 I pray this never happens again while I'm here - ever would be nice as well…but for now, I'll just say until I get back to America. #3 I hope that Yuki works it out so I don't have to pay anything when I leave…that would be pretty much all of the rest of my per diem that I would be parting with until I was reimbursed…and who knows how long that would be!

Since being in the hospital, I've been falling asleep around 9:30-10:30 and waking up between 6:30 and 7. It's nice to see the sun coming up! Oh and I learned that Japan does not do daylight savings - so while our summer evenings may only end around 7:45 instead of 8:45 like in the states, at least for a time I'm only 13 hrs different from the east coast!

One other thing about this hospital experience…well maybe two. First, Charity is the best…along with the others that have accompanied her every few nights, she has come every day and I'm SO thankful for that. I know how much I hate being in hospitals - especially when I'm healthy, so to her and Digger, Max, Mickey, Jared, and Maachan - I'm so grateful for your company! It has meant the world to me.

The second thing is that they don't have you hooked up to any devices here to monitor vitals unless it is necessary, so the only way they know if you are still breathing at night when you are sleeping is to come in and check on you. More than once over the course of my stay in this hospital, I have woken up to the sound of my door sliding open and a nurse's patter of steps, and then a flashlight trained on my face to make sure that I'm breathing and or sleeping peacefully(?). It's strange.

Yet again in all of this, I haven't had the opportunity to contact my family. I tried international calls on my cell (apparently I don't have that capability), I tried hooking up to a wireless device from my room (no luck). Needless to say, another reason I'm hoping to get out of here is just to contact them. I know my sister contacted Charity on Facebook (way to stalk sis! you're the best) and she gave her a rundown - so at least my family knows where I am and that I'm alive and well. I just can't wait to see them and talk to them face to face. I'm also curious to see what my inbox looks like after 4 days. So anyway - here's hopin!! Results in a bit.

AND….good news! I get to go home. My platelet count is 157,000! Definitely in the normal range - and hopefully with a bit more rest, I can be in the mid-high area of normal! I'm waiting now for Yuki to come here (around noon) and help me blow this joint. I have to come back next Wednesday morning to get some tests done and get the results of my stool culture. In the meantime, I am to keep taking my antibiotic until the CRP (whatever that is on my analysis chart) gets below 0.3. - on Monday it was 8.42 and Tuesday was 4.48. I don't know what it is today because I don't think they got that far, but hopefully it's low and I won't have to take the antibiotics for too long. YAY!! All better :) Now I can get back to normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment